Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Last Couple of Hours Until The Sims 4 Release!

Hi,



The Sims 4 will be released in a couple of hours in US and in 3 days in EU (really?!?!) There were lots of QQing around the web about lack of pools and toddlers etc. EA had been accused that they don't trust their own game at all to release a gameplay demo. We haven't been able to try a gameplay demo since none provided. We could only watch some gameplay video at Gamescom and The Sims Twitch account streams. I don't know if those things will matter at all when we finally get to play the game.

What we have is The Sims 4 CAS -means Create A Sim in case you are not familiar with the The Sims product family- at the moment. The Sims 4 CAS Demo enables everyone who has an Origin account to create their own Sim or Sim families.

Demo also features a Galery section. Galery is the new place where the game will store our creations and the creations of the other players shared with the Origin community can be accessed here. Since you can access the other players' content, you can download them and be ready to play without even exitting the game. There is also an option to share your Sims through Facebook. It's a nice touch to be able to share/upload your own Sims with other players and access/download other players' Sims without leaving the game. On the other hand, I don't know if it was really necessary to add a facebook sharing option to the game itself. Maybe it's handy for people who has facebook pages dedicated to the game.

Since it's a demo, The Sims 4 CAS came with limited functionality. For example, there was only an option for creating Adult Sims which tends to be young adults. Elder Sims - late middle aged adults- were not enabled on the CAS demo, and I wanted to create something different than the other creations on the Galery section. Luckily, there were wrinkles and smile lines as facial feature options that I could use. I spent around an hour on the creation of the Skies (I'm bad with names) family due to my first run of the demo. I created a married couple around their 50s - at least that is what I pictured in my mind- and their siblings just to test out the genetics. I might end up removing the siblings from the family as a final touch before sharing them with the Origin community. Not sure yet.

There is also footage from the time that I created the Skies family on my Youtube Channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment